Saturday, April 16, 2011

When I’m Rich, I’m Going to Do X

I read an interesting post last week and wanted to share the message with you. Think about the title of this post. Have you ever caught yourself saying or thinking along these lines?

These often grand dreams are tough to see to fruition, so X doesn’t happen all that often. “When I lose a little more weight I’ll start X”, “When I’m not so busy at work we’ll take that trip to X”, “When I’m more settled in I’ll stop X”;  there’s always a condition holding you back from X.

What’s the solution?

Remove the first half of whatever statement you’re hanging onto and just do X. If for example you’re waiting to have money so you can move to france and become a painter, do something on a smaller scale that brings you some personal satisfaction like taking an art class at a local studio.

Hang on to your old outlook, and you risk life chugging along uneventfully as you wait for a circumstance that might never come. The present is all you’ve got! :)

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!


View the original article here